Virtual Reality exhibition setup simulation at the Municipal Art Gallery of Chania, Crete.
The goal is to experiment with a new approach of getting in touch with the gallery and the artwork, through an interactive virtual experience that exploits digitization and 3D mapping, highlighting the cultural content of the exhibition. The main scope is to offer the opportunity to the visitor to get to know the place and the artwork, promoting her/his active participation in the project of setting up the exhibition, acquiring knowledge about the artwork through a task-based learning approach. In other words, to create an innovative virtual museum visit tool where the user has an active role in forming the visiting experience, while simultaneously gaining knowledge about each exhibit as well as the entire history of the exhibition in question. In addition, the application constitutes a very useful tool for people who specialize in managing exhibitions. Simulating the exhibition space and the layout of the exhibits, they can have a complete understanding of their setup idea and the exhibits within it and adjust it accordingly.
- Associate Professor Dimitris Andreadakis, School of Architecture, TUC, Greece
- Professor Panos Parthenios, School of Architecture, TUC, Greece
- Professor Katerina Mania, School of ECE, TUC, Greece
- Assist. Professor Vasiliki Geropada, School of Architecture, TUC, Greece
- Assist. Prof. Anna Karayianni, School of Architecture, TUC, Greece
- Markos Konstadakis, PhD candidate, University of the Aegean
- Elena G. Theodoropoulou , PhD candidate, School of Sciences and Technology of the Hellenic Open University
- Peni Dania, Architectural Engineer, MSc
- Michael Roumeliotis Electrical and Computer Engineer, MEng candidate ECE TUC
- Froso Sarri Electrical and Computer Engineer, MEng candidate ECE TUC
- Dimitra undergraduate student, School of Architecture, TUC – Yeoryia Litsika undergraduate student, School of Architecture, TUC
- Visual Arts, Arch.
- Digital Media Lab, Arch.
- SURREAL team, MUSIC Lab, ECE